Friday, January 14, 2005

Week 2, Day 5

Well, I was supposed to cover chapters 4, 5 and 6 today. I covered chapter 4 on Monday, but the book has set on the shelf since then. Hopefully I will have time over the weekend to catch up.

I've been checking out the MCAD and MCSD newsgroups on the Microsoft public server (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad and microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd). All I can say is wow! There are some stupid people in this world. There are many posts that consist of a single question in the vein of "How do I get my MCSD?" Seriously folks, if you have to go to a newsgroup and ask a question like that, do you honestly think you are even remotely qualified to take a certification test? Go to Google and search for MCSD Certification. Go ahead, I'll wait. See that first result you get? It's the homepage for Microsoft MCSD certifications, with all the requirements. Some other fool posted about 100 questions starting with "What is CLR?" in all caps. I think we need to form small groups of true developers all over the world and track down these types of idiots. Once they are found, the local group gets hyped up on Jolt cola, goes to their house, beats them with Nerf bats and uninstalls the Visual Studio preview edition from their computer. Contact me if you want to start a group in your area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about the newsgroups! :) it's a great idea that you're keeping this blog - i'm considering doing the mcad myself and obviously resources like this are a great help. good luck!