Sunday, January 02, 2005

Resources

If you are going to pursue you certification, there are a myriad of resources available to assist you in studying. I have chosen to use the Microsoft Self-Paced Training Kits, mainly because I already owned the Developing Web Applications book for Exam 70-315. Since I have been known to procrastinate and not finish tasks before, I am going to wait to buy the other book until it is close to time to need them. View the requirements for each test to see what resources you need. There is a wealth of information on the internet on test prep. There are also practice tests available. Personally, I can't see spending 60-70% of the cost of the exam for a practice test. I'd rather gamble. But that's just me.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I took 5 tests (I think) to get my MCSA from Microsoft. For those tests at least, the practice exam books and CD's were indispensable. Some of the questions are quite tricky; the practice exams helped me identify these questions and avoid mistakes. Remember, you don't have to buy the practice exam books -find a bookstore that has them (like Barnes and Noble or Borders). You can sit down with a notebook, a pen, and some coffee or tea while you do the practice exams and take notes on the questions that you got wrong.

Good Luck!