Monday, January 03, 2005

Making a Schedule

If I don't write it down, I won't remember to do it. So I printed out monthly calendars through Outlook and sat down and planned out my year. I've decided that I should spend 2 months preparing for each exam and take it the first Friday of the next month. I chose Friday because I only work half a day on Friday, so I can schedule the tests in the afternoon. I chose 2 months because, well, I wanted to finish by the end of the year. I guess I could have split it up in to 10.4 week groups (52 weeks / 5 tests), but I figured December would be too hectic because of the holidays. So my plan gets me finished completely by the beginning of November.

At the start of each cycle, I'm going to go through the book and schedule which chapters to study each week. I will do a weekly review on Fridays and reserve the week of the test for a full review. I will decide each week what material I cover on which days.

Here is my schedule for the first test


Jan 07 - 1, 2 & 3
Jan 14 - 4, 5 & 6
Jan 21 - 7 & 8
Jan 28 - 9 & 10
Feb 04 - 11
Feb 11 - 13
Feb 18 - 12 & 14
Feb 25 - 15
Mar 4 - Review all chapters and test on Friday

My first week, I will cover Chapter 1 on Monday, Chapter 2 on Tuesday and Chapter 3 on Wednesday. Friday afternoon I will review. The first week will be hell because the information is so elementary. It's basically stuff that if I didn't know it, I wouldn't be able to do my job. But I am going to make myself cover it.

No comments: