Friday, November 11, 2005

And Fools Shine On

I just completed my Web Apps in C# test (70-315) and scored 829. 2 down, 1 to go (for MCAD).

My scoring breakdown by section is below.

Creating User Services: 80%
Creating and Managing Components and .NET Assemblies: 90%
Consuming and Manipulating Data: 80%
Testing and Debugging: 100% (it's no wonder I scored well on this, I do a LOT of debugging)
Deploying a Web Application: 100% (I studied this section pretty hard because it was a weak area when I started)
Maintaining and Supporting a Web Application: 40% (In other words, you don't want to hire me to maintain and support your web app)
Configuring and Securing a Web Application: 90%

My advice to those who are considering taking any of the MSFT certification exams. Buy practice test software! I'm using Transcender, but I've heard good things about Self Test Software also. For this test, I barely used the books (MSFT Self Paced Training and Exam Cram). I took practice tests and read the explanations for the ones I missed.

No comments: