Tuesday, November 08, 2005

3 Nights to study

I'm working through the Web Apps w/ C# (70-315) MSFT book now. I'm also using the Exam Cram book. The Transcender tests are once again showing me what I need to study.

I had a little scare last night w/ Transcender. After dinner, I sat down and fired up the laptop preparing to spend a couple hours studying and taking practice tests. I clicked the Transcender icon and got the splash screen, then an error message: "Error: 429 - ActiveX object can't create object." I Googled and couldn't find anything on the error (as it relates to Transcender). I ended up rerunning the Transcender install and it worked perfectly. I didn't have to reinstall the tests. I'm sure the error was related to recent activity on my machine because I uninstalled all the .Net 2.0 Beta 2 stuff and installed the RTM versions. It probably removed a file that Transcender needed.

No comments: